Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am a new member and I am going to be building a retromod with my grandfathers 1970 fleetside C10 Longbed. Everything, and I mean everything is original and in great shape. I would like to put an LS3 in it. If I do, what's the easiest trans to adapt to it? Any suggestions on front and rear suspension? I am going to add AC, power steering, maybe convert to LED's, and rewiring the whole thing. I want to keep the bench seat look though. I like the idea of cramming the whole family in there....lol. Probably going with Foose wheels, repainting it, and keeping the original look when it comes to trim, grill, etc. Probably new mirrors. May need to replace the tailgate. Looks like someone dropped a heavy 3" pipe on the top of it and it's dented pretty good.

Are there any good websites for replacement parts, mod parts, and kits?

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
890 Posts
Welcome from Washington state. Holley has a list of ls part swaps. Their experts are very helpful picking parts.

LEDs are fairly simple. I've done that in my 64 and 77. The 77 I wired custom LED strips under the truck as well.

Check out my build threads in the project section.

FYI this is the new members welcome section. If you create a post in the appropriate section, you should get a better response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts