Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a set of Centerline wheels that were on a Pantera for cheap!! rear are 11x17, w/ a 5x4.5 ford bolt pattern...and fronts are 9x16 5x4.5. I was wondering if I got a Mustang GT posi rear,w disc brakes, if there is a reasonably easy way to bolt the axle up to my c10?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Goatdog1 sign0016 to C10 Trucks. I'm not sure what you should do with the front. There rear is not a problem as I have put Ford 9" rears under a lot of Chevys. I'm sure some one will be along with info on the front. You could have the stock front hubs redrilled for ford but that would not give you disc brakes.
anim_25 post some pictures of your project

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Goatdog1 sign0016 to C10 Trucks. I'm not sure what you should do with the front. There rear is not a problem as I have put Ford 9" rears under a lot of Chevys. I'm sure some one will be along with info on the front. You could have the stock front hubs redrilled for ford but that would not give you disc brakes.
anim_25 post some pictures of your project
Front way to wide for the front, no matter what you try to do..rears may fit with rear axle narrowing if its a step side plan on rear tubs, if fleetside still may have to build new tubs..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info...do you know what size tubs I should install? It is a stepside. I shouldn't have bought these wheels...but the price was right-$150 for the set...in perfect condition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I found a mustang GT rear axle that's a 8.8" posi w 3.27 gears...do I need to cut the perches and have them re-welded?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
First you`ll need to measure the the 8.8 axle and compare the measurements against your stock axle, you will probably have to narrow the the whole axle down to get it and the wheels under your `65, if it were me mount the wheels to the axle get an overall measurement, you`ll need one inch on the out side of the tire to clear the out side of the fender on each side. wheel tubs you`ll have to build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts