Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, my dad has had his C10 Fleetside since before I was born (35 years.) I rode in the back of this truck as a kid in California before it was illegal. I drove it briefly when I was 17 and I haven't driven it since. My dad sold it to a family friend and later bought it back in my twenties. Due to lack of space he had to take it to my grandpas house which is near the beach. There it sat for 10 years.

About 3 years ago my dad moved into my grandpas house and started fixing the truck unfortunately he didn't get to finish. My dad passed away almost 2 years ago. I am continuing the process of getting it back to running condition so that I can enjoy it with my kids.

I attached some pics my title says it's a 63 but based on the VIN it's a 64 right? Whats DD on the VIN plaque? Also what's the other plaque in the pics? Color code? Options?

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here, nice truck from what I see, first the truck is a `64 model, but your grandfather took probably bought it in Oct, Nov, Dec of `63 when the new models came out..the DD designation was used as Delivery Destination, but never used that we could ever find on any trucks. Your third question is the Spica plate, it was painted over from what I could see it showed the trucks capacity and a few of the options on it such as trim, paint and wheelbase. It would have looked like this one..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.