Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

My name is Keith. I inherited a 65 c10 fleetside from my grandfather, he was the original owner. the truck has sat for about 17 years and I'm now going to start my first ever frame off resto on it. I will have to learn lots of new skills along the way. Hoping to be able to pick some brains here during this journey.

Any members located in the San Fernando Valley, CA area? I'm in Northridge / Granada Hills area looking for some new truck friends. :)

-Keith fahne19

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum Keith, glad to have you here, its sweet to have a truck with history in the family...one word of caution thou, before you blow everything apart, have you ever done a frame off, if not concentrate on getting it running driving first, familiarize yourself with it first....so many frame off`s have been started only for the builder to just give up and sell a basket case...for lack of interest or money.... sign0016

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome from Cent California. Looks like a long project. Lots of help here. If you don’t have one I’d start with getting a manual for your truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I grew up helping grandfather working on this truck and we dropped a small block into it about 25-30 years ago. :)

I think the biggest issue with it at the moment besides the rust that needs to be repaired, is most the wiring needs to be replaced and I've never re-wired a truck before.

I plan to take my time and there's no rush on getting it done. Maybe I will fix the wiring issues and drive it for a few weeks before tearing it down. :)

Thanks again!

-Keith

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Keith, I`m going to recommend the American auto wire kit, factory replacement, with all the plugs and connectors ready to use, you need nothing, you can order it with upgrades as well ( HEI ready, air, so on..) wiring is marked every 6 inches, well worth the money...you can do it in a weekend...
https://www.americanautowire.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts