Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1960 C-10 long bed. Body is straight and looks like little to no rust. A 350 has been put in it. they said it runs but we shall see. Once I get it home I will take some pictures and post them.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike, look forward to pics, whats the emediate plans for it...?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum Mike, look forward to pics, whats the emediate plans for it...?
First things first.... going to get it together and make it run. After that I will start ripping it apart as necessary and restore it to it's former glory.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish people were honest

So the 60 c-10 is out.... the guy tried to scam me.... so instead I bought a 65 step side short bed

this is going to be fun... will start a thread on the build once I get it home.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
C-20 Orange Shortbed

So the 60 c-10 is out.... the guy tried to scam me.... so instead I bought a 65 step side short bed

this is going to be fun... will start a thread on the build once I get it home.
Your new purchase appears to be a 3/4 ton C-20 (8-lug front wheels) and it has a 3rd generation, 1973-1987, bed.

Cool looking... what are your plans?

So tell us more about how the guy tried to scam you on the '60...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your new purchase appears to be a 3/4 ton C-20 (8-lug front wheels) and it has a 3rd generation, 1973-1987, bed.

Cool looking... what are your plans?

So tell us more about how the guy tried to scam you on the '60...

Absolutely right... a C-20. it appears to have a C-10 rear end in it as well. 5 lug on the rear wheels. I was wondering about the bed. it has the spots on the fenders for the gas tank spouts. so thanks for that info.

for one the guy never had a title.... didn't even know who owned it last (or so he said). all that wasn't too bad so I made the deal... Was going to trade a nice, running, registered quad for it. well, luckily for me... I wanted to hear the motor start before I finalized the deal. He said the motor started so I wanted to hear it.... It was two and a half hours from my house so I told him I would be back the following weekend to work on the truck and if it started I would complete our transaction. well the guy who did actually own it found out about his nephew trying to sell it and the deal went south from there.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Mike, curiosity has got me, what does the build tag say that is on the drivers door jam, either top or rear section....! Its a short bed, as far as I know they never built a c-20 short bed, but you never know...!

·
Registered
493 Posts
VIN tag should be on the top of the drivers door jamb on a '65. Might be a long bed C20 that the frame was shortened ????? my curiosity is peaked too Rich.

Mike, Might be a good idea to look at the frame near the back of the cab, to see if it has been cut and re-welded.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I`m kinda thinking they toasted a spindle from lack of maintenance and found a c-20 to get the parts from..!

·
Registered
2 Posts
67 C/10 Trim

Hello I Have New Lower Trim Kit. Fits A 67 Or 68 C/10 Fleet side Long Bed
Right And Left Side + Clips $450,OO Firm Price. & You Pay For Shipment Also. Cost Me Over 700.00 + Shipment. EMAIL"[email protected]" Can Send Photos To Your Email . Put 67 Trim In Email So I Can Weed Out Spam Mail Thank You.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts