Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am just starting off on this forum. I am looking to purchase a 1966 c-10 to restore with my 14-year-old son. I look forward to seeing ideas and suggestions of others on where to get the best price for restoration parts and pictures of other's vehicle that Y'all have restored.

Some information about me. I am a Real Estate Broker for my company Poynors Real Estate Team in Tri-Cities Washington (Richland, Pasco, Kennewick) and surrounding areas. I am also the owner of www.PoynorsMotorSupplies.com direct dealer for AMSOIL's full product line.

If you ever need to find a home in my area I would love to assist you in finding your next home www.KellyPoynor.Realtor. Or if you ever need any AMSOIL products you can call/text me or go to my website www.PoynorsMotorSupplies.com to order for yourself. Well, that is it for my plugs.

Now for a little bit about me. I served six years in the USAF as a Security Forces member and after my time in the military I went to work for a nuclear site and was on the Tactical Response Team for Hanford Patrol. Well during my time on HP I started my career as a Realtor. With all the deployments I have done and carrying a bunch of gear on my back for 18 years I have changed paths to pursue my real estate career.

I am excited to start working on restoring a truck with my son. I am sure it will take some time so that is one reason we are going to start the process now that he is 14 years old. I have never restored a vehicle before so I will be leaning on you guys for ideas on where to start, what website to use to get the best deals on parts and ideas to make this truck really special for my son. That is just about it for now and don't be afraid to say hello or call if you need any of the services that I offer.

Best regards,

Kelly Poynor
www.PoynorsMotorSupplies.com
(509) 554-3856
Poynor Real Estate Team

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum glad to have you here, and thanks for your service ...the biggest issue is the rust, start by looking at the rust free trucks as much as possible, they do make repo panels and patch parts but fitment is crappy at best, in the high desert areas of the northwest such as lower east Wash and Oregon or northern Calif....not sure how far you want to travel to haul or have hauled..the times that we have search for vehicles in itself is an adventure...search back roads, alleys, old shops, out of the way towns that are small...good luck with the search and let the fun begin..Oh and don't forget the swap meets in your areas, you`ll might find them on Craigslist or some of the Facebook 60 to 66 C10 pages, there are three main FB pages one being https://www.facebook.com/groups/1656789247909146/?ref=group_header. sign0016

1 - 3 of 3 Posts