Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 1966 c10 that I drove to work for 10 years about 40 years ago.
I just purchased a 1965 c20 that was stripped and used as a yard truck for the last 25 years.
Hi to all.
Tom

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Wow...LOL, thats quite a project...welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here..sign0016

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My c20 Project

I drove it home, the guy with the roll off had something come up. It was 30 degrees, 30 miles, no more than 30 mph, a guess, and I damn near froze as I could not find my snowmobile helmet.
It is a torquey little bugger. A 292 recent professional rework overhaul with smaller plugs in a different type head, is all the guy knew that I bought it from. It is a four spd with some type of locking differential. I looked under it and it has a cherry bomb straight through muffler that were popular in the fifties. It has new non split rim wheels all arround, back tires are new. The brakes clutch and stearing work great up to 30 mph.
I would like to talk to the mechanic/? To see what I should use for fuel and oil.
The guy I purchased it from uses only gas from the pump hose that SEZ non-oxygenated means no alcohol which I use in everything. I will be adding lead substitute till I find out differently. Maybe I should add the ZDDP also? I am going to be putting that in a 75 Eldo Convertible I recently purchased when I can find out what oil has the correct amount of that plus the stiction? For occasional use vehicles. There are no shortage of opinions on that so it is a bit confusing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
64,65,66, Used body panels,doors,hood.

The parts required; as the truck has never been hit are all bolt on; I think.
If you can see that object protruding above the back of the cab that is a SMV sign. It may stay there for a bit as this vehicle needs about $10,000 worth when you include interior and paint could be a lot more. I have plenty other projects so will attempt to pick up things as they appear, as I did this thing. Trading stock maybe amongst my other vehicles or tractors. I really liked my 66 c10 fleet side std. 3 spd 283. Just to sit in what remains of this one brings back some great memories!
This appears to be an area of considerable interest; especially these three years as lack of used parts and prices would indicate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts