Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just joined this site to hopefully find answers to some of the daily struggles with my truck. Current struggle is the same one chopperkell is apparently experiencing. Did the power steering conversion on my 66 Chevy C10 and the pitman arm seems to long. Does the 2.5" drop spindles with stock shocks make a difference? I bought the same pitman arm as chopperkell for a 68 C10. Used the ez mounting plate kit. The power steering box is longer which is why you have to cut the steering column if using the oe but supposedly the pitman arm that fits a 67-88 is supposed to work for this. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Hey guys. Just joined this site to hopefully find answers to some of the daily struggles with my truck. Current struggle is the same one chopperkell is apparently experiencing. Did the power steering conversion on my 66 Chevy C10 and the pitman arm seems to long. Does the 2.5" drop spindles with stock shocks make a difference? I bought the same pitman arm as chopperkell for a 68 C10. Used the ez mounting plate kit. The power steering box is longer which is why you have to cut the steering column if using the oe but supposedly the pitman arm that fits a 67-88 is supposed to work for this. Any suggestions?
Have you compared the new pitman with your old one to see if there is any difference....and if you are using 2.5 drop spindles you need to relocate the shocks on the top, they sell a kit now thru some of the vendors. And welcome to the forum, glad to have you here...sign0016

1 - 3 of 3 Posts