Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. My name is Joe and I recently inherited my uncle's 1969 C10. It has the inline six engine with a "four on the floor" manual transmission. It ran well for a week, then gave out on me. Mechanic said it was a warped head. For month's I've been debating on getting another inline 6, a 350 or pulling the trigger on an LS swap. Sure enough about a week ago, someone was selling a T56 manual out of a Camaro, and I went for it. I already think I bit off more than I could chew, so hoping to get some help on here if possible. The transmission is out of a mid-90's Camaro, and I plan on getting a 5.3 out of a Silverado/Tahoe. Main question right now is I need a clutch and flywheel. Does anyone here know if I would be searching for parts for the 90's Camaro, or am I looking for a clutch for an LS1/2/3? Any and all help would be appreciated as my uncle's friend offered to do the install...IF I basically hand deliver every nut and bolt for him to basically just drop it in.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
803 Posts
Welcome from Washington state. That's a pretty large transmission. Have you checked if it will fit? And where the crossmember will go, header clearance, etc?

Reactions: calijoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from Washington state. That's a pretty large transmission. Have you checked if it will fit? And where the crossmember will go, header clearance, etc?
I've seen on a few other forums that it's been done with the automatic. A few have done it with the manual, but being that I will be using the T56, I haven't been able to find any specific parts lists for the transmission itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts