Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we picked up 1968 C10 on an online auction in ND for $900. From what I can tell it's spent most of it's life as a farm truck in ND. At some point the original V8 was removed and replaced with a 1978 305 (that has a lot of farm fixes on it. The box is in good shape (no rust, but no tailgate either), the wood bed does need to be replaced. It needs cab corner, rockers and a drivers side floor, in the cab there's rust holes from probably a gutter issue, and the thing that most bothers me is some one hacked away at the steel dash around the radio. It had a deer hit on the drivers side, wrinkling the hood and drivers fender, the grill took a little bit of abuse too, but I straightened most of it out, going to do the same with the fender. The passenger fender is rusted behind the bumper and the inner fender above it is rusted, along with the battery box, which leads me to believe there was a battery malfunction at some point in it's life. Underneath it needs cab supports, and the drivers side trailing/support arm. The paint has an awesome patina to it. My intent was initially to put air bags under it, but that didn't last long, she said NO. I am hoping to have it road worthy and driving safely for less than $3000 and maybe have it as a summer daily driver (fingers crossed)

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to your build...!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts