Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Found this site while browsing my new c10 Builders Guide magazine. I'm in process of building an 84 c10 short bed street rod/cruiser. I really like the smooth firewall look. My 84 was a factory air truck. I would like to get the gen iv vintage air at some point but for now I was thinking about putting a panel over the ac/heat box holes. How do the inside the cab electric heaters work and where do they mount get power ect.. any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Brooks if I'm not mistaken the mount under the dash, they get the heat from your cooling system, you have a bulkhead connector on the firewall with four hoses, 2 for the heat and 2 for the cooling.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok. Thanks for the reply. I also found an AC delete kit for my truck that comes with a new heater coil and all so I may just go that route for now. Looks alot cleaner than factory stuff

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Brooks sign0016 to C10 Trucks I don't know of any electric in cab heaters Maybe you could do a google search. I had an 85 C10 kept it 11 years bought it new in 85 had a 305 in it as soon as warranty was out so was the 305. Really like the body style.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah me either. I thought maybe their one some cheap aftermarket setup I could use temporarily but I'm going to go with this ac delete system I found online and keep factory heat for now anyway. Maybe after I finish the resto I'll save some chips and invest in vintage air. Thanks a lot for you guys responses. This site is awesome. Glad I found it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts