Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if my 65 pickup deluxe heater is a 2 or 3 speed fan? I get the same speed from first and second position. The third position is much slower and 4th being off. I thought the relay controlled this but have replaced it and no difference.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I'm not sure but I think there is a resistor bank that controls the speed with the switch. I don't have 65 book. 406 Rich may know hang in there

anim_25

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried a new resistor and switch but after looking at the plug on my heater switch it looks like the wiring has been moved around. Can anybody tell me if I have these colored wires on the correct terminals? I still only half 1 slow and 2 high speeds. The brown wire is the 12 volt feed for the switch and the yellow, orange and blue go to the heater resistor.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
GM Dad I will try and clock the wiring colors from my switch and resistor sometime today and post it for you, mine is a `64 deluxe so there isn`t any change.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Thanks that would be very helpfull
Haven`t forgot about you, been busy with home remodel at the present...! I will today I promise....! anim_63

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

having issues with my iPhoto so maybe this will get you started fan speed wiring on the lower left, follow it over to the resistor....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I am reading it correctly it looks like the way the wires are in my photo. Have tried a few different combinations but can't get 3 speeds, only 2 so it is still useable

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Ok Dad this is how mine is wired...by the way your plug is either been broke or modified...anyways here you go..
brown is good
red goes where the blue wire is now.
yellow goes where the red is now.
blue goes where the yellow is now.

as soon as I can fix Iphoto I`ll post a pic.....anim_63

Time 1:13 correction on color

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Did I tell you I hate computers, finally got images to work, we did a major upgrade and not everything followed thru.....anim_63

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
wires going to the resistor...

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Rich. I have wired the switch the way I understand it from your description and the resistor can only go one way but still only the 2 speeds. We can live with that it still heats the cab up very toasty. Thanks for your time and the pics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Basic truck with no air conditioning and 4 wires to the switch. I just love the simplicity of these early trucks.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes Rich that's what my resistor looks like. I actually had a new G.M. one in the box from when I worked there. Does your truck have A/C Rich, mine don't

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
No AC...! Its cool right now, but August is ugly....anim_63

1 - 17 of 17 Posts