Chevy C10 Trucks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I was wondering if I could get some feedback regarding th 61 c10 with dual headlights on each side. I knw they come with 6 inch lights, but I want to upgrade them to 7 inch led lights on each side. the problem is that the bezel piece that covers the lights right now only fits around the 6 inch lamps. I was wondering if anyone knew of someone that fabricated a trim that would allow for 2 - 7 inch lights or any ideas if another model year Chevy has bigger lights. Maybe I can use the trim from another chevy vehicle to modify it and make it kinda look stock. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Your Chevy/GMC (four light system) was designed for what it has "period". Now if you want to re design it your on your own. Why 7" over 6"? I know 1" difference does matter in other aspects of life (LOL) but the lights won't be much brighter if AT ALL. LED lights are much better but 6" to 7" in my opinion is a wast of time or money. Not what you wanted to here but its your time and money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already bought 4 of them on discount and i cant return them. also the 6 inch that i have come across are all really generic. they just have a bunch of LED's in rows and quite frankly they are ugly. I got these from Ebay at a great price of 75 for all 4 including shipping and they are very bright. a big difference from the old ones that the truck came with. Only issue is that they are 7 inch instead of the standard 6 inch.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I already bought 4 of them on discount and i cant return them. also the 6 inch that i have come across are all really generic. they just have a bunch of LED's in rows and quite frankly they are ugly. I got these from Ebay at a great price of 75 for all 4 including shipping and they are very bright. a big difference from the old ones that the truck came with. Only issue is that they are 7 inch instead of the standard 6 inch. View attachment 5593
Why would you buy the 7" knowing your truck has 6" mounting brackets? Redesigning or Customizing should be well thought out in advance as you now have found out the hard way it was a mistake. My question is why did you want the 7" lights over the stock 6" lights? The 1" bigger factor only counts in you having a (OPPS I'll stop here as that would n't be appropriate on an open forum), use your imagination. LOL

PS, I'm not trying to put you down just trying to understand why you "jumped the gun" knowingly what your truck had in size wise for head lights. Why was it so important to have a 7" over a 6" light ( that is the question ).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, good perspective. I gues im just impulsive. This is my first c10, and i had not researched it enough i guess. The first headlights that i came out were these when i searched for my year make and model. Then i looked on youtube and i forund a guy that used these on a single headlight, c10. All he did was cut out the head light base and some minor trimming. But again he didnt have the dual headlights like mine. But like you say "Why?".... hahaha. I guess i kinda thought they used the same sized headlights. Oh well live and learn. Those bezels would allow the dual headlights to fit if they werent so close together. The problem is not on the top or bottom clearance, it the clearance in between the lights. Ill do some research on some fab work and see if its feasable if not they are going ro be on facebook market place soon. Thanks for your honest opinion.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Haha, good perspective. I gues im just impulsive. This is my first c10, and i had not researched it enough i guess. The first headlights that i came out were these when i searched for my year make and model. Then i looked on youtube and i forund a guy that used these on a single headlight, c10. All he did was cut out the head light base and some minor trimming. But again he didnt have the dual headlights like mine. But like you say "Why?".... hahaha. I guess i kinda thought they used the same sized headlights. Oh well live and learn. Those bezels would allow the dual headlights to fit if they werent so close together. The problem is not on the top or bottom clearance, it the clearance in between the lights. Ill do some research on some fab work and see if its feasable if not they are going ro be on facebook market place soon. Thanks for your honest opinion.
I actually just measured one of my headlights and found it to be 7" sorry all this time I thought mine were 6" lights wow LOL. Sorry for the rough time I gave you (my bad).
You might be able too "cut" your bezels a little to fit the 7" lamps and you might be able too also cut apart and re weld a piece of metal back for the headlight "buckets" maybe an 1/2" more or less depending on how it (stock) mounts for the extra width you need ( just a thought) do the math and make sure it will work BE FOR you cut anything. OR you could change the Grill out to the later two head light system. The Rad.Core Support and the grills are the same for 60-66 so not a problem there. Modifications can be done to anything but sometimes things just don't work out in your favor. Remember "MEASURE THREE TIMES BEFORE CUTTING ANYTHING". LOL or you could sell the 7" lamps and get the 6" lamps.
Here's my Research Folder A to Z pictures below.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts