Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to upgrade the stock headlights to a set of LED headlight lenses. I plugged them into the stock harness to test them out before I mounted them and both worked fine. I went to mount them, turn the headlight switch on and neither will come on now. Running lights and tail lights come on. Are the headlights on a seperate fuse or is there there something else I need to buy to get these to work properly? (harness, ballast, etc) Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, that's unusual if they went before installing them. As far as I am aware the Headlights are not fused but they have an overload on the switch but if that was faulty it would effect the tail and park lights as well. If you have a multi meter or a test light, turn the Headlights on and check to see if you have a 12 volt feed at the dip switch. You should have 2 live connections, one coming from the Headlight Switch and one going to one of the beams on the Headlights. If you have two live connections at the dip switch then check that you have a live connection at the Headlights. If there is now power at the dip switch then you have a faulty Headlight switch or maybe a break in the wiring between the Headlight switch and the dip switch. You could try putting one of the original lights back in and see if that works ok. That way you would eliminate a wiring fault and you will have to research if something else is required to operate the LEDs Cheers

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
937 Posts
Not sure what your headlight connector looks like? But LEDs are polarized..you might need to reverse the connection?

Did the seller mention a resistor harness?

As NZ said....check the easy stuff first..use the old headlight (or meter) and check for power first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts