Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just tryin to get an idea of what I'm getting myself in to
I'd like to be able to slam my truck while having the exhaust exit the body panel
In front of the back tire. Is there any pre made headers for a 400 sb that will get
Me outside the frame without too many clearance issues

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am not aware of any headers that are fender style for our trucks.

You can run the exhaust inside the frame rails, then up over the trailing arms and out in front of the rear tires.... This allows you to use regular headers.

Have you ever had a vehicle with exhaust exiting in front of the rear tires? I have, it gets old in a hurry.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Sanderson, speedway motors, Stalh hedders all sell fenderwell hedders, you buy and fit. No one sells specific for our trucks, on a `56 GMC that I have seen they only modded on the flange to give the hedder more lift to clear the suspension.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Only guessing trifive hedders would work, or even nova hedders.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
What about the heat does that hurt the tires

Otis :)
Yes it would. A fella could build a set of custom heat shields that would not only protect the tires from the headers, but also the headers from road debris. Fender well headers also make under hood temperatures a lot hotter too.

But then again there are a lot of reasons not to do fender well headers, but the fact that they look so Old School Cool throws logic out the window.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
You could always use hedder wrap, but I wouldn't drive it in wet weather then, boy those just create a bunch of issues.....but most gasses are in good weather only...anim_63

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little off topic but just happened to me took the wood bed out to get easy access to the rear end and it needed replacing anyway but any quick cheap and easy way to add spacers to that so it doesn't bounce around and the body lines match until I can afford new wood?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
64 you should have started a new thread, anyways you can make temp spacers out of your old wood or other to bring the bed up to body line..!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I talked with the tech at sanderson. I have a '66 with the front end off a '85 suburban. I have a 5/6 drop and used an application for a 350 el camino. It is a tight fit, but has worked great. If I can find my paperwork I will share the part number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts