Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I’m new to this forum.
I’ve had my 63 c10 for about 25 years. It’s in pretty good shape and I am restoring it right now. The mother is a 350 and is at machine shop being gone through. I’m looking to put headers on it when I get it back and set it back into the frame. I’ve been looking for the right set but I can’t seem to locate a set that is made for this truck. Can anyone help me with this? I’ve seen it done and know they are out there just asking the wrong way or something. 63 c10, 70 350 our of an impala. Engine will be bore 30 over and will have a nice hitting cam, if that helps any.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here... sign0016 You did not say if its manual or auto, but the consensus says `73 to `87 Hedman headers fit the best, in any case all of the headers will require to slightly trim the top flange on the frame..use the 1.5/8 inch primary tubes..headers

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 64 C10, so not sure is there is a chassis change there are or not. But, I bought a pair of nice long tube headers from Jegs for a manual transmission 1964 C10 with a new crate 350 engine.

I was prepared to purchase the Hedman or Hooker headers as a back up. But, I was really surprised for the price and fit. NO ISSUES AT ALL and the quality is heavy gauge steel and the welds are nice.

Everything bolted right up. The only slight issue is spark plugs, passenger side with regular spark plugs fit good. The drivers side was tight and the #1 spark plug almost touched the header tube. Easy fix was purchasing Accel shorty header plugs. That was it.

Best,

Tony

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I have a 64 C10, so not sure is there is a chassis change there are or not. But, I bought a pair of nice long tube headers from Jegs for a manual transmission 1964 C10 with a new crate 350 engine.

I was prepared to purchase the Hedman or Hooker headers as a back up. But, I was really surprised for the price and fit. NO ISSUES AT ALL and the quality is heavy gauge steel and the welds are nice.

Everything bolted right up. The only slight issue is spark plugs, passenger side with regular spark plugs fit good. The drivers side was tight and the #1 spark plug almost touched the header tube. Easy fix was purchasing Accel shorty header plugs. That was it.

Best,

Tony
Good info Tony...Thanks..for posting. beer

·
Registered
30 Posts
My ‘65 had Hookers on it since the 60’s. When it came time to replace them I did with another set of Hookers. No trimming of anything, fit perfect. 283 with manual trans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
My ‘65 had Hookers on it since the 60’s. When it came time to replace them I did with another set of Hookers. No trimming of anything, fit perfect. 283 with manual trans

Ray when you have a chance post the part #, thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice thing also is Hooker makes a very nice exhaust kit that is designed to work with these headers, is aluminized, and relatively inexpensive. It’s made for a lwb but was easy to modify to fit my swb

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Nice thing also is Hooker makes a very nice exhaust kit that is designed to work with these headers, is aluminized, and relatively inexpensive. It’s made for a lwb but was easy to modify to fit my swb

Now that you mentioned that, some one over on the other forum( the darkside) did the same...headers and exhaust..as a kit...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts