Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lover of classic C-10 pickups, high end audio, scotch, and my wife and daughter, here.

Stumbled across this forum looking for advice on changing the grill on my 72. It currently has a '70 grill installed - have a replacement from Brothers.

So a bit about my ride - in 1993, it was given to my dad as partial payment for some body work he did. He in turn sold it to my uncle, who then hired my dad to do a body and paint job on it. To keep costs down, my dad "let" me do most of the work, sooo....

Fast forward to last year, my uncle took ill and knowing I not only did a lot of the work on the old girl back then but that I have always loved the truck, he offered it to me.

Well, it was born with the 4-bolt main, but the 3-on-the-tree was doomed from the beginning. I installed a TH-350 with a fresh rebuild, removed the factory intake and quadrabob and installed Performer EPS intake/600CFM Edelbrock carb and drove it for awhile. The Edelbrock never really made me happy, and the overall experience left a little to be desired.

It now has a fresh bottom end, new Summit Racing cast iron heads, the same intake, headers, dual exhaust, and a FI Tech aspiration system.

Anyways, glad to be here - the old girl is a work in progress, I will share some pics before too long.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Johnny sign0016 To C10 Trucks The grill change is a walk in the park. Glade to have you here. YES post some pictures when you have time.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here..! sign0016

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
John, if you start a running thread in the correct year forum, then you can just keep going pics and all such as Mark ( AKA Brim ) has done, keeps everything in one spot easily accessed if you need to go back at some things you have posted in the past... anim_25

1 - 6 of 6 Posts