Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here to the C10Trucks forum. I've been restoring muscle cars and trucks for 35 years but have just picked up an all original 65 C10 SWB fleet side from the second owner. Looking forward to being a part of your community!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
marmaros sign0016 To C10- Trucks Looks like a real good starter. Thanks for the pictures post more as you get into it
Enjoy your stay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thanks, still deciding on which direction to go with the truck. Maybe a LS take out with the OD trans or old school 4 speed and SBC.

David

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Nice looking start David...welcome to the forum. I guess the hard part is the decision on which way to go. sign0016

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which way to go...

Thank you both! I've seen some of your posts and value your knowledge on these trucks. I tend to gravitate to OEM style restos using the Chevy parts bin to customize and upgrade my cars. Looking at how hard to swap in a Muncie 4 speed and old school SBC...the wife doesn't like to Resto-Mod style and this is something she has wanted me to build for her.

Thanks, David

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
David the small block and muncie is pretty much a drop in, even a big block. Letting us know whats in it right now, we can better access the swap..?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Direction

Sorry bout that! It's got the original 6 cylinder (runs like a sewing machine) and 3 on the tree. The truck is for my wife to enjoy it's like one her granddad had on the farm. My wife likes the 6 & 3 speed so maybe leave that for now. But I would like to drop in a small V8 with the 4 speed. Not worried about A/C or driving on the highway we live in the North Carolina Mountains. And she likes original style trucks. beer

David

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
But I would like to drop in a small V8 with the 4 speed. Not worried about A/C or driving on the highway we live in the North Carolina Mountains. And she likes original style trucks. beer

David
David if your considering a V8 change at a later date, start looking now for some one that is parting out a V8 truck `64 to `66 , C10 or C20, what you need to look for will be V8 frame mounts, radiator lower brackets and upper brackets, fan shroud, radiators are larger, buying a used one is a crap shoot, everyone now buys the champion aluminum rad, most cases $200 delivered to your door..hardest piece to find will be the V8 fan shroud. Just for your info...!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts