Chevy C10 Trucks banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
I have always wanted a short bed C-10 but I have never been able to get into one or they slipped away.
Last week I saw a '1970 C-10 short bed service truck at the local cars and coffee with a sign that said "trade for newer truck or sale". Eventually I called the gentleman, we meet up and we agreed to trade my 2006 f-150. He really wanted his C-10 to go to someone who would care for it and not try to simply flip it and He wanted a good running truck because of his painting business. Well this C-10 will most definitely be a project.
I have never seen a "service truck" like this before, he said it was a factory option. but did not know much about it.
the Brakes are terrible and I will have to see what needs to get replaced. the engine is also a Inline 6 (auto).
right now my plans are brakes.. in the future swap out beds for the short bed.

Where is the best place to source a "short Bed"? what options are available?
Im new to this community but ive been on the " Toyota Supra Forums" for a long time.

thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
You will not find a rust free OEM short fleetside bed. You can buy the best one you can find or go with a Woodall Industries aftermarket bed. There are other aftermarket companies selling beds but the consensus seems to be that brand is the best. You will spend $2500-3000 for a complete aftermarket bed, but if you find an OEM bed it will be even more if it's rust/dent free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts