Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my many trucks is a 66 GMC its best described as a rough beater. It has the original 250 six,SM420 granny 4 speed and a dana 44 with 336 rear gears. I like to drive it because its easy on fuel and tall enough geared to run highway speeds. Last Saturday I went to Parma Mo. There was a Auction of Farmall Tractor parts. And I bought a huge heavy load. Cost me $30 for 200 mile round trip for fuel. thought you all might enjoy a picture?

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
anim_63 Wow, you were not kidding, thats a lot of iron there...beer

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The truck is a half ton. six lug wheels. There was 2 M farmall engines, Two fast hitch assemblys several crankshafts and cyl heads and other engine parts. At present I own 14 Farmall tractors and 6 of them are M,s. The lions share of the load was M farmall parts. I should have pulled my trailer because it was a buying sale. the majority sold for less than scrap price. There where 4 radiators and I only paid $15 each. It took me two days to unload and sort & put it all in my storage. I needed a crankshaft and cyl head and radiator for one of my M tractors. The majority is spare parts. Stuff that will be in my hoard until I take the dirt nap LOL.

·
Registered
108 Posts
One of my many trucks is a 66 GMC its best described as a rough beater. It has the original 250 six,SM420 granny 4 speed and a dana 44 with 336 rear gears. I like to drive it because its easy on fuel and tall enough geared to run highway speeds. Last Saturday I went to Parma Mo. There was a Auction of Farmall Tractor parts. And I bought a huge heavy load. Cost me $30 for 200 mile round trip for fuel. thought you all might enjoy a picture?

Looks like my kinda truck. :D

-W

1 - 6 of 6 Posts