Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me if the steering column has a gear shift indicator on a 64 Chevy? Also has anyone out there used the power steering kit (part # 61-190524-1) from Ecklers Chevy Trucks? Does the kit have all the required parts? And finally is there a better deal at a different vendor? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the infro.. I have not seen this truck year before, so I have a lot to learn. How many forward gears are there, do you have a picture & did you put power steering on yours & if so where did you get the kit? Again thank you!!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Racehorse a couple of questions arise first, has anything been changed such as transmission and engine, we would need pictures to help you identify this, and probably need the picture of the steering wheel/column as well..I`m only assuming that you have a V-6 with a powerglide transmission..Racehorse I just noticed that you bought a 64 GMC but your asking about Chevy, they are some what the same but there are differances unless some previous owner had changed things, after 52 years its hard to say unless we see pictures...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
406Rich
Sorry my mistake it's a 1964 GMC. The engine is a 400 small block, with a 400 turbo transmission. The truck I believe has only 2 forward gears. It's at the body shop getting some paint touched up. I will post some pics when I get it back. Thank you for your help.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Larry the TH 400 has three forward speeds, reverse, neutral and park, if the PO had changed to a later model column its an easy fix, if its the original column its an issue to get the indicator and locking points to line up, when you get the truck back get a pic of the column...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts