Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the dash apart today for the most part. Have cluster out, bulbs tested and replaced. Now I have complete illumination. Looks like factory didn't want the end rounds on each side illuminated? Not sure why, but it lights up nicely in the dark now.

I think fuel gauge is good. Goes to full with 12v put to it.
Batt gauge.. Is that volts or amps? I can't get it to move but it makes noise when I put 12v to it. I tried increasing amps with no change.
The temp sender made noise when I put 12v to it. Now it does not do anything and when I tested ohms it is wide open. Guess I cooked it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The batt gauge is an ammeter and it measures Amps, assuming it is the stock gauge. Here is a thread that addresses the ammeter, might be that it won’t actually have a reading unless it is hooked up, with fuses and shunt? My Ammeter Doesn't Work - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network
also here is a link for testing the temp sender. Basically you have to put it in some hot water to get a reading! How to Test a Temperature Sensor with a Multimeter
good luck, it sure is nice having all working gauges with backlights and all

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The temp sender resistance will change with temp, but I was wondering what the gauge would do. I figured 12v would simply peg it. Not sure?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maybe hook up the wires from sender to gauge, drop it in some boiling water? With key on. Not sure how much is hooked up or disassembled on your dash so might not work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts