Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering what tank guys are using for rear fill. That will fit between frame rails. Fill behind license plate. Someone told me a chevelle but none I've found will fit.
Thanks Charlie

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
wondering what tank guys are using for rear fill. That will fit between frame rails. Fill behind license plate. Someone told me a chevelle but none I've found will fit.
Thanks Charlie
I have yet to see a "rear fill" rear frame mounted fuel tank that doesn't hang down like a ruptured duck. If ya think about it, the license plate is low, and if the filler neck is there the entire tank will need to hang below that point for it to fill correctly.

Here's an example:

More here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=522264

Check out the option from Tanks that Rich talks about above. I also did the 49-52 passenger car tank in a pickup truck conversion. It was one of the first things I did to my truck back in January of 2009: http://talk.classicparts.com/showthread.php?p=88322#post88322/

Here's a lightened up version so you can see the tank tucked up into the frame:

·
Registered
50 Posts
LMC Truck

Think they have a rear mounted tank kit with a side entrance for the fuel. If you'd run your filling pipe up & forward, you could then mount the tank further up in the frame rails. Acceleration would not push fuel out the fuel pipe. You could go with a flapper door (if smooth side) on the bed or if step side - put a motorcycle pop-up fill cap in the fender.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after more though I think I'll put the tank under the bed in the rear and put in a side fill. Maybe an early suburban or blazer tank?
;)

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those looking to purchase a tank like this one it is from a 87/91 Suburban or Blazer. E=Bay about $100.
Hope this helps

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
What sending unit would be used for this?
That tank sender is a twist lock design, I believe they only come in 90 ohm, will not work with 60 to 66 C10`s only `67 on up ohm wise, you really did not say what the install was on..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was leaning towards using the '49-'52 year car tank in the rear. Would the sender for that year work on my '61?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I was leaning towards using the '49-'52 year car tank in the rear. Would the sender for that year work on my '61?
If your buying the tank thru Tanks Inc they sell a VDO 30 ohm sender for that tank. But be sure to confirm that with them before purchase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.