Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at a garage sale last sat right down the end of the street from us, older couple guessing in their eighties, they had just so called opened up, I`ve talked with George a couple of times in the past, he had this Simpson 260 volt ohm meter testor, I picked it up, he said it didnot work, it was his brothers, long past away, I bought it for 5 bucks, took a chance on it, got it home and nothing, opened it up and it has three batteries, a d-cell, 9-volt, and a watch style battery, replaced them all and bingo it all worked, needed to find a manual for it so went on line for info, these things start at $ 500 for this model, another cool tool in the collection, this one I will use a lot....

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yah,those are good meters.Have 2 of them (Neither one works).One a friend gave me and the other was my dads from his naval days in WWII.Still had the military batteries in it and they leaked.Tried to have it fixed once but shop refused,said it was to old and not worth it.Had it stored in his sea bag for years along with old cath tubes and resistors and circuitry books,all gov issue.Great score

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I`ll use it mainly for continuity, and ohm testing, I`m not the electrical whiz...! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts