Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using an under bed fuel tank use a junkyard Chevy fuel pump? Which one (car/truck model) did you get & how did you modify the tank?

Engine is a 2002 5.3 LS with a new under bed tank just right for modification.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting.....and

Tanks,inc also has an assortment of retrofit items. However with thousands (millions) of stock GM tanks/pumps in the salvage yards, I was wondering if anyone had adapted a GM unit to their steel tank. One of the LS swappers guides books mentioned this possibility in passing, but did not elaborate. Surely would be easier for my Grandson to hunt a GM house if something goes south on him later on.

But thanks for the food for thought. Excellent video!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tanks inc.....

Has a bowl type pump top that welds/bolts into the tank upper flat surface. If you add some plain round bar stock welded at the appropriate positions, you should be able to run a stock Chevy pump.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi runem i used a pump out of a 01 6.0 ,used a steel tank from ebay cut a 3 5/8 ths hole saw shortend the fuel pump about 3 inches flared the ends after installing plastic inside fule bowl installed the 3 springs got a fuel tank ring from vett works weleded in to tank came with all info .installed fuel pump in tank ran lines with a kit from s.u.r & r. complet kit to do from pump to fuel lines on the ls engines a snap.installed in about an hour ,taken my time on my 66 c10 swb bbw ls1 5.3 4el60 hope this helps .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts