Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of the gas tank from behind the seat of my 1972. Can I put that same tank along the front of the truck bed? It is a brand new tank. If not can someone recommend a tank that can be bed mounted. I am having a hard time finding a tank around 20 gallons that would be a simple install.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to get rid of the gas tank from behind the seat of my 1972. Can I put that same tank along the front of the truck bed? It is a brand new tank. If not can someone recommend a tank that can be bed mounted. I am having a hard time finding a tank around 20 gallons that would be a simple install.
Po`boy; ... I have a 66 GMC I put a new 33 gallon tank from about 85 suburban under the back and put the filler neck in the right inner fender inside the fleetside box with a fuel door from an older car molded into the wheel cover . Look up gas tanks online and pick one by dimentions new tanks are not pricey and mine fit perfectly in the frame where the spare tire was.My tank cost me eighty bucks and a 90 ohm sender was about twenty five Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went a different route, I needed storage in the bed too, so I added a tool box and tank in there

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
52 Posts
I bought a tank from brothers that fits between the rear frame rails for my 64. My truck has dual plastic tanks inside bed sides, but you can't get gas in easily.

I personally don't want any tank near me in case of an accident...something to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts