Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about rear mount fuel tanks and all, but the problem is you have to do a bed or side fill. Ive looked for ones that fill from the cab like factory but I cant find any. Im considering just using the factory fuel hose hole in the cab and routing a fill through there to put in a rear mount EFI tank. If anybody knows of any rear mount cab fill EFI friendly tanks please let me know.
bowtiedb

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ran into the same issue with my c/10 LS conversion. I did not want to cut a hole in the side of the box, and a filler in the bed floor is not my cup of tea either. To get around that, we mounted an EFI pump/swirl pot in the engine bay, and a smaller electric pump to ensure the swirlpot is always full. ie not counting on gravity to keep pot full. Truck not running yet but getting close

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So its mounted under the bed on yours but where is the fill, is it still cab fill? and if so how'd you do it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The initial plan was to mount the efi pump/swirl pot under the bed, but in the end it was deemed to hang too low, and the unit sits behind the driver’s side headlight. Still using the in cab tank with the existing fuel fill location. It’s prob more work than a rear mounted tank, but I couldn’t see a practical way to use that existing fuel filler with the rear tank. The pump/swirl pot is a FiTech 50004

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is a looooong way to run the filler neck. Obviously you’d need to cut a hole in the cab somewhere and I’m not even sure you could keep it running down hill the entire distance while also keeping it concealed. Plus, it’s going to be tough getting soft enough bends in the hose so it doesn’t get pinched off and restrict the fuel flow to the tank when filling up.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen pics of filler necks from under bed mounted tanks coming out the back side of the wheel well with a fuel door, if that makes sense. And maybe one or 2 picks of the filler neck under the rear fender itself. Don’t think that would work too well if the truck is lowered though. Just a couple things to consider.

Not sure if running it all the way from the original location is worth it or even possible.

Just curious, is there a reason you don’t want to run it out the side of the bed or up through the bed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, it's been in the family since new and I cannot cut it, I just can't. I want to keep it as close as I can to factory while putting modern upgrades on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hear you on the no cutting. I feel the same. I’m looking for modern amenities while preserving the original look as much as possible. I really didn’t want an in bed filler. Licence plate fill flaps have been discussed in other places, but in a lowered vehicle that’s a pretty low fill location. Don’t know if that could prove problematic. Because the behind the seat tank doesn’t lend itself to in tank efi pumps, we elected to use stock tank with a lift pump to keep the fitech swirl pot filled. Should be able to report results in the next week or two

·
Registered
3 Posts
The neatest solution I've seen is to run the tube down inside the corner stake pocket. Cap level with top of bed side. Straight down and turn under the floor to tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts