Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 I picked up, 350/350 it has a new stock style fuel tank. I’ve replace the mechanical fuel pump. Timing is set right. Carb is good.

When I get on it hard from a stop, it revs up great, starts spinning tires, then about 2nd gear, falls on its face. It’s starving for fuel. Plus there is very little fuel in the filter.
Is there an issue with the stock style tanks, where the pickup goes against the side, and suffocates itself?
I can’t find a reason she’s not getting enough fuel?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 65 I picked up, 350/350 it has a new stock style fuel tank. I’ve replace the mechanical fuel pump. Timing is set right. Carb is good.

When I get on it hard from a stop, it revs up great, starts spinning tires, then about 2nd gear, falls on its face. It’s starving for fuel. Plus there is very little fuel in the filter.
Is there an issue with the stock style tanks, where the pickup goes against the side, and suffocates itself?
I can’t find a reason she’s not getting enough fuel?
Thanks for the help.
Have you checked the fuel lines? If they are old, sometimes they swell and restrict the flow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What king of carb are you using? Sometimes, if it's a Holley, the fuel in the bowls will cause it to push on the floats and cause fuel cut off and stalling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What king of carb are you using? Sometimes, if it's a Holley, the fuel in the bowls will cause it to push on the floats and cause fuel cut off and stalling.
I have an Edelbrock 600 #1406.

Hey there, if no luck with the other ideas it may be a vapor lock issue, i had it with my 350 SBC crate motor. Check out this link and let us know if you fix it!
That's definitely something I've considered...I will look more into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts