Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a rookie at this so any help would be appreciated. I have recently gotten a 1962 C10 and the first upgrade I would like to do is the front suspension and brakes. I have read that a 72-87 C10 front suspension will bolt on. If so will a 1984 Van suspension work also? Also what all parts can be swapped from the donor vehicle? Thanks

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Actually the pickups you use are `73 to `87 or up to `91 on the suburban, I`ve only heard of one person using the units from the vans and do not know the out come...I`m thinking they are virtually the same, but I really don`t know. The pickups you would grab the entire front crossmember complete and install under yours you can use the steering box, column, master, booster, prop valve, rear axle---with some mods to install.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sir,

I have an 85 C10 front end installed on a 1964 C10, now working on the steering linkages. Which idler arm should be used? The 64 idler arm seems less strong than the 85 but the 85 idler arm may raise the passenger side of the drag link about 1.5" if I use that. Also, will have to grind a little off the corner of the idler mounting arm to get it to clear a small bracket on the outside part of the frame. Recommendations?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts