Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see on t.v. that you can basically plug in a grand marquee front in on a ford f1oo with engine and all and it works great. What GM full size car would work like that with a 82 C10? Caprice Classic? seems like a great way to save some cash!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
One word ...no, totally differant, and why would you want to change independent for independent suspension, and the caprice would be lighter than the c-10 using smaller equipment, I can understand the early fords as a way to get by the I-beam suspension, side note they also use jaguar xke-6 for the early fords, that gives them rack and pinion, forged a-arms, coil over shock, four piston disc brakes, chevy bolt pattern all in one neat package that will bolt up with simple mounts being made, the xke-6 weight is 5500 lbs much closer to the weight of an early 60's ford...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah all I've ever had, back when i was driving,is chevy or gmc single cab trucks. I should have known that. Ok, one more stupid question. Can I do a later engine swap with the electronics, including the ac/airbag easily, or is it not worth the trouble? Should I just fix the factory ac and get a crate motor?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
You can get an LS engine with stand alone electronics, piece of cake anymore everything you need is a bolt in including the air, air bags not so, or are you talking about air bag suspension if so go right down to air ride suspension section complete videos for you.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts