Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of disassembling the front end of my 62 C10 and I was wondering what parts should be replaced. When I got the truck up off the ground, the steering and everything felt solid, so there is no obvious worn out parts. I just got the rf spindle off and both ball joints feel great. I plan on keeping it a torsion bar front end. And I plan on replacing all ruber parts. If any part has hairline fractures after cleaning, I will replace them. But I'm not sure what parts should be replaced even if they look good.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I'm in the process of disassembling the front end of my 62 C10 and I was wondering what parts should be replaced. When I got the truck up off the ground, the steering and everything felt solid, so there is no obvious worn out parts. I just got the rf spindle off and both ball joints feel great. I plan on keeping it a torsion bar front end. And I plan on replacing all ruber parts. If any part has hairline fractures after cleaning, I will replace them. But I'm not sure what parts should be replaced even if they look good.
How much have you driven it sense aquiring, if the truck has been sitting for a long time it does stiffen up from rust and old grease, if you already have it apart I would replace ball joints and tie rod ends and any rubber.. look and inspect any wear items closely...how many miles on the truck, hows the rust on suspension parts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The truck hasn't been driven since 1992, except to move it between the driveway and shop. So it's basically been sitting for 24 years. There's a lot of ruston most parts, but it looks like just surface rust that will clean up no problem. But, even though it's 2wd, my uncle drove it off road and in mud. So most of the under side was protected from rust with dried mud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts