Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my frame all cleaned off and then primed and painted with eastwood extreme chassis black. I am powder coating the front control arms and parts then will be reinstalling, working on getting all the little bits back on the chassis, I should have taken more pics for reminders(haha).

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Pictures are always a good idea. Service manuals will help jog the memory. You can Google a lot of the stuff for location

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Looking good robbo, beer

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have my factory repair manual, the assembly book, and sever sources online that I am using. Believe it or not, when I rebuilt the rear brakes the chiltons manual was the best reference it getting everything back in the correct order,

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Thanks. I have my factory repair manual, the assembly book, and sever sources online that I am using. Believe it or not, when I rebuilt the rear brakes the chiltons manual was the best reference it getting everything back in the correct order,
I`ve got two period correct chilton`s hard back in my arsenal....great source of info..

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Quite the collection Charlie, I`m impressed...beer

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I still have the first Motors manual my dad bought for working on his 50 Buick. The flat rate manuals are really cool
Now I know who to come to when I`m stumped...!anim_63

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wish there was a better manual for body repair and positioning, I have an assembly manual and it's little help when it comes to that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rear axle installed! I had a hell of a time finding pics of the auxiliary springs, seems that everyone with coil springs has removed them as I never did find any, just had to figure it out best that I could.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Rear axle installed! I had a hell of a time finding pics of the auxiliary springs, seems that everyone with coil springs has removed them as I never did find any, just had to figure it out best that I could.
Well I would imagine that it creates a rough ride...just guessing...only time will tell when you get it finished...only surmising that a lot of the other owners did not replace springs so that they were riding on the overloads all the time...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts