Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...recently bought this clean truck...it has a 350, 700r4, 3.70 gears.
Not sure yet how good the engine is...running on 7 cyls. Has a edelbrock 1406 carb...which was flooding...I checked fuel pressure and it was 11 pounds. Changed the manual fuel pump to one with 5 pounds and that helped. I will check compression and set valves soon. I have a 406 sb with vortec heads I plan to drop in later. It has power steering and vintage air both work well.
New american auto wiring harness...but alot not finished. It was a factory air truck and the center vent barely blows so have to work on kinked hose problem. I plan to change to 5 lug front disc and run torque thrust II rims.
Has no headers...I hope I can make the patriot clipsters for a 68 camaro work.
Have a set on my 58 apache and love them. No rust that I can find. Not sure about the stripes on hood yet...tell the truth..if you like....let me know...if not that too :) Tim

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Well Tim terrible truck you really need to just give it to me.....nice find you have there, most people would kill for it.......most hedders from first gen camaro`s do fit...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ive installed hedders on chevy trucks. But I never knew what brand they was or what the came off of. Actually the stock rams horn manifolds are pretty good. I don't like hedders on a street vehicle. I prefer quiet exhaust and hedders always develope leaks for me. The easiest disk brake conversion is the 73 up entire front crossmember swap.anim_25

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive installed hedders on chevy trucks. But I never knew what brand they was or what the came off of. Actually the stock rams horn manifolds are pretty good. I don't like hedders on a street vehicle. I prefer quiet exhaust and hedders always develope leaks for me. The easiest disk brake conversion is the 73 up entire front crossmember swap.anim_25
Thanks Old Truck Man for your comments...not sure yet what I will do...
on the exhaust. It has turn downs after the mufflers and just blows dirt.
I may want to run the tailpipes out behind the rear tires like Rich.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very nice truck!! I wouldn't have pictured the stripes looking good in my head but I like them! I really like the paint combo in general! Good luck with your new toy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts