Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fortunate to never have done a patch panel on any resto. Well today I found out I will have to learn on this one.

Floors are solid except for the front corners. Looks like it runs into two panels. I am not afraid of doing it especially where it will not be seen. I guess it will give me some practice for the cab corners where they will be seen.

This is definitely the worst of the rust. Any good how to videos that are recommended?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
188 Posts
That's not too bad . Cant really advise as I was always in the fortunate position of having a bodyshop as well as workshop and good panel beaters who dealt with it as needed , Each man to his own trade . I listened to their proposals on best suggestions and options on eradicating any rust , chipped in now again with a few questions / ideas and then bowed to their superior knowledge and left it with them . Take your time and work out the best way to proceed , as long as you are happy with the end result , that's all that matters

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, not horrible, but will be a little beyond my current skill set. I do have a local body shop who can advise me, but he is not always reliable stopping by on his way home. Watched a bunch of different ways to do the panels and cab supports (I am betting I need to do at least two.) Fitting and cutting seems to be straight forward, just time consuming.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like you already have an answer but for other folks with same issues here is a link to Gibson63 floor panel & cab corner patch this guy does amazing work in his garage, inspires me

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I began on the rocker area and have not been able to do things as fast as Gibson63 does. I seem to have a hard time with the welds, finding them and drilling them. I have ordered a weld cutter so we will see how that works out when it get here.
I knew the inner and out needed to be replaced so I just cut the whole thing out with a saws all except for the ends. I am trying to be gentle so I don't make things harder down the road as I need to replace the cab supports edges of the floor and cab corners. I want it to all line up well when done.
The dirt that came out was amazing. Do people try to prevent this from happening again or do you just replace and move on?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts