Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into the first gen C10 trucks for a while and came across this ad on CL that looks exactly like what I want.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5664545223.html

The price is great, the truck looks great, and seems to have been taken care of. I messaged the seller and he said:

"The main issue with this truck is the body which is what you're going to find with a vehicle in this price range with this much work done. The rust is mainly the lower edges of some panels and some of the panel seems. I dont have and body experience so that was the one aspect that I couldn't do much about."

Do y'all think I'm taking too much of a risk with rust? I know many people say to stay far away from rust, but is it so bad if it's something that I'm willing to live with? Before buying it, I will try to get it to a mechanic with experience with classics so I can get an estimate of damage/value. I have yet to see the truck in person but I plan on doing that this week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I was on my way out to see the truck and it seems he already sold it. Darn, I'm back to looking again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts