Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into the first gen C10 trucks for a while and came across this ad on CL that looks exactly like what I want.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5664545223.html

The price is great, the truck looks great, and seems to have been taken care of. I messaged the seller and he said:

"The main issue with this truck is the body which is what you're going to find with a vehicle in this price range with this much work done. The rust is mainly the lower edges of some panels and some of the panel seems. I dont have and body experience so that was the one aspect that I couldn't do much about."

Do y'all think I'm taking too much of a risk with rust? I know many people say to stay far away from rust, but is it so bad if it's something that I'm willing to live with? Before buying it, I will try to get it to a mechanic with experience with classics so I can get an estimate of damage/value. I have yet to see the truck in person but I plan on doing that this week.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
First off sign0016 to C10 Trucks. After blowing up the pictures I'd say it has the typical rust that an unrestored truck of that era would have. Cab corners door bottoms fender bottoms bed areas. That said those parts are all replaceable. It is a good idea to have it looked at by a tech. He may be able to give you an estimate on repairs. OR buy it drive it and have fun. Either way Enjoy your stay here.
anim_25

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.