Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got started on the `65. I went with an aluminum rear tank, a little pricey but I like the way it looks & fits. I`ve got it mounted but not plumbed in. I`m just kind of mocking things up & will disassemble to paint the frame. Pulled the front radiator crossmember that was bent & straightened it out & mocked in the new radiator. Ran the #`s on the rearend & it has 373 gears. Perfect, if I decide to put in a 700R4 .Pulled out the rear axles to get them redrilled to 5 x "4-3/4 bolt pattern, then realized the center hub needed to be turned down to accept a car wheel, & on the backside of the flange there is a raised shoulder approx where the studs would have to seat! Got a hold of Moser`s they will make exactly what I need for $290 shipped. I think it will save me a lot of headaches & travel time. Now it`s time to think about the 5x "4-3/4 front disc brake conversion for the front. Thanks again to Lakeroadster & Rich & others for all your helpful info. I`m not done picking your brain yet!!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lookin good. I like Moser stuff. Not wasting money on a brand name allows me to do more to the truck. Well Moser is a name now compared to back when I was buying axles and rear end parts for my toys in the 90s lol They should work good for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mark Williams is the only way to go...if your rich lol jk
Interesting choice on the car bolt pattern but should make buying wheels ALOT cheaper, Stupid Summit and jegs does not sell the house brand wheels for a 5X5.. They make nice knock off Prostars or draglites for the street.
I going to watch how ya do the front, I might go that route in the future.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Great Donnie, its nice to get new stuff in the brown truck, my brown route carrier knows me by name, if I`m not home he brings it around to the back thru the gate....!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts