Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is now back to a roller. Measured everything installing and it is out 1/16 of a inch. I figure that is close enough.
Brakes were done. Have to say I have never seen so many moving parts and springs in a drum set up before. Pic is the one I took to be able to put it back together.
Even found some springs in the wrong way from what I think was factory. If you zoom into the lower spring. It is rubbing on the adjuster preventing it from moving freely. Turned it around and now everything moves well.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I got bed parts back from blasting. Now I am cutting, patching, welding, grinding, and hammering.

The new pieces to hold the decking are not spot welded, so best thing to do is fill all the old holes. I had to bugger things up a little on the bed side removing one of the rear stakes. It had seen damage before so I figured I would simply remove it. This was my motivator to do things correctly cause the last repair was not, making the removal very difficult.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a ton of cutting, grinding, bending, fitting, etc, I have a piece to replace the top of the stake pocket. Didn't have too much time to devote to this last week, nor this week unfortunately. Have the new bed support somewhat fitted into place, but I am struggling on how to get it exactly into position?
I have to modify the support as it is missing the same tabs compared to the OE one. So I will weld them on and make sure they attach the same way.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a good long day this weekend. Got the stake hole repaired, the new rear bed support in place and welded. Tailgate cracks welded. Even got a couple of interesting dents out of the tailgate. If you zoom in you can see them in the middle of Chevrolet in one pic and they are gone in the other. Began assembling to make sure everything fits like it should. As you can see I have some work to do with the rear of the drivers side bed side. That thing is ugly bad.
 

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top