Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a gas tank for my 62 C10, I want as much of the truck original or stock as possible. I'm just not completely sure if I want to use a stainless line kit or go with steel braided line. Steel braided line will be much easier to install, but a kit would be closer to stock. I'd like to know how difficult it is to install stainless solid line.

I will be using the original 283ci engine, bored out, with a modern 4 barrel carb.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Since your relocating the tank I wouldn't worry about stock look. That said I would and always do run steel lines from tank to just before fuel pump. Stainless is a choice how much you want to spend
anim_25

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
If your going stainless and you`ve never flared it before plan on getting yourself frustrated....anim_63, I`d just run steel lines much easier to flare...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the line kits were already flared and bent and ready to install? Either way, I can get help with all that if I have to.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This truck has been in my family since it left the show room, so it means a lot to me. Because of that, I don't want to modify it very much. I think braided steel lines look real nice, but it makes a vehicle look too modified for what I want. Though if a kit is too much of a pain in the but, I'll go with the braided line . There are other items that can't be original, like the gauge cluster and carb, so it won't be too bad to not go with solid line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts