Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! So, I have a 61 Apache 10. It has no motor or trans but was a 6 cylinder and manual trans on the floor at some point in its life. It has all the typical rust spots but the interior is 100% intact and original aside from the reupholstered bench seat and some Auto zone gages for that classy touch ha!
My goal with the truck is to do a mild build on it for now. I don't have a large budget, but I do have a 2000 Silverado 1500 I can use as a parts truck. I plan on doing something completely original and do an LS swap. Ha! Anyway the Silverado is all their and its currently my daily driver. But since I live in the peoples republic of kalifornia, the smog laws are about to make me park the silverado anyway. No cat, a few broken sensors and what not. It runs really well though. So why not send a big F U to the state and swap over whatever I can into the 61! In CA pre74 vehicles don't have to be somgged.

So any help that you guys could point me to would be much appreciated. I would like to use as much stuff off of the Silverado as possible. Obviously engine, trans, rear end, etc. But what about the power disc brakes? Ac? Is it possible to make the stock guages work with the LS swap? I have a ton of questions and I'm sure someone has already done most of this. I don't want to get to crazy with this truck yet. The plan is to make a good daily driver out of it. Later on we can talk about performance mods, T56's, and suspension.

Thanks for taking a look at my first post. I look forward to swapping info and story's with you guys soon. -NT

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Nitrotuner sign0016 to C10 Trucks. Your project sounds like a lot of fun. Post pictures of your 61. I'm sure you won't have much if any trouble with the drive train but the A/C may be a problem?? anim_25

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nitro, we in Kali no all about the EPA standards….so without further ado we`ll watch your transformation….sign0016

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nitro were in Cali are you located. I'm new to this forum but have been around trucks for a very long time. Let me know if I can be of some assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts