Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently spun a rod bearing and underwent a partial 327 engine rebuild for my 1968 c10.
Replaced the bearing, lifters, pushrods, gaskets. Caught it early and crankshaft showed no signs of wear. Got it all back together and it runs better than ever except for a rattle or chatter when decelerating. Distinctly different from the knock I began with. Any ideas on what this may be? Afraid it may still be something with the bearing but don’t want to tear back into it just yet. Will link a video of the sound. Engine Rattle C10

·
Registered
4 Posts
That sound may not just go away,it sounds like bearings. You said it spun a bearing. Did the engine builder verify the main bores were not distorted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sound may not just go away,it sounds like bearings. You said it spun a bearing. Did the engine builder verify the main bores were not distorted.
Not that I know of. Torn between breaking down and tearing it apart or shopping around for another 327 and seeing what kind of life is left in it. Gonna try some more diagnostics to pinpoint the issue but agree sounds like lower engine as feared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts