Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is strange, to me. Im hoping someone with more knowledge can help me out. I was driving my 66 picking up some lumber and on the way back to the shop i noticed my blinker indicator on the dash stayed solid when i would signal to change lanes. I looked at the tail lights when i got back to the shop and they aren't blinking. The tail lights also are on all the time when Im driving. So no blinking and always on. On top of that, I went to turn off my truck, and it kept running. Im lost on this one guys. Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I think I would start looking at the harness /ignition switch just above your right foot. Next would be the fuse block....

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
That's a lot of things going on at one time.. You might want to look where the harness goes through the fire wall?? Or like Rich said near the fuse block.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Is this truck new to you, or have you had it for a while....? fuse block...one stew holding onto the inside firewall, ( disconnect battery first) gently turn fuse block over to look at the back side to see if it is good ( melted and corroded wires) look at the connection on the ignition switch has it been modified with another switch....(crimped wires connectors )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts