Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have never liked electric parking / handbrakes . Old dinosaur , but a few family members have them on their cars and prefer them
I'm with you...give me a good ol manual e-brake. I mean..what are you going to do if your car is dead? You have to get a jumper box to engage/disengage it.

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
They may be all right when they are new and working o.k . But on another forum I'm on we get a lot of questions on various problems from different makes and usually entails expensive repairs . It's like the tailgates on cars where you push a button for it to close , as if it was hard to close by hand ,My son's car has it and I said at the time " something else to go wrong " . But he came back with " you know I'll change my car long before that happens " . End of argument for me :)

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awww the replaceable future...let's see how that works...

·
Registered
74 Posts
might be a fossil but the less electric / electronic gizmos i have to deal with the better. if there's no mechanical means to have a parking brake
there are brake line valves that are manual and used on fork lifts with very little problems. the do require some plumbing but nothing more than
an in cabin proportioning valve or line lock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts