Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 86 c10 with duel tanks, Do they need to be filled separately or can they be filled from side only? Also must they be switched or do they feed as one? I have had a couple vans in the past with duel tanks and both were connected, filled on one side and drained as one. Thanks for your answer.

·
Registered
77 Chevy C10
15 Posts
I think they are totally separate. Not 100% sure. But its easy enough to tell. Look underneath the vehicle. If they are not connected it will be obvious enough.

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
270 Posts
Should be separate and there should be a switch on the dash. But yes, look underneath. You want to keep a little gas in the unused tank. I'm eliminating both my tanks for a underbed tank. I have passenger side tank disabled. I'm thinking if I switch to the disconnected tank, this may be a good theft deterrent for now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should be separate and there should be a switch on the dash. But yes, look underneath. You want to keep a little gas in the unused tank. I'm eliminating both my tanks for a underbed tank. I have passenger side tank disabled. I'm thinking if I switch to the disconnected tank, this may be a good theft deterrent for now?
Ok, Thanks for the help,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts