Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on everyone? I was hoping someone could post up a picture of the ir drum brake set up? My truck came with wheel cylinder,drum and bearings only. I just want to use it as a reference.
Thanks,
Brim

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Brim
I do not have the picture you are looking for BUT google your truck (64 Chevy breaks) then go to images and you will find lots of them. I hope this helps anim_25

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Rear drum....! Keeping in mind the short or primary shoe goes to the front of brake drum....

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brim
I do not have the picture you are looking for BUT google your truck (64 Chevy breaks) then go to images and you will find lots of them. I hope this helps anim_25
I did that and I just wasn't sure that some of the images that came up actually applied to my truck. I guess I'm a little weary since I have never owned a c10.
Thanks!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also would anyone happen to know what (yrs.) of dual master cylinders that will bolt up to our trucks? I really dont want to run the single jar m/c. I tried searching but found nothing specific on here and I didn't want to start another thread.
Thanks in advance,
Brim

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Are you running drum or disc /drum....if its just drum, get a unit from your fav auto parts place for a `67 to 72 chevy c-10 drum/ drum, if its disc you`ll need a unit from the vette....

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you running drum or disc /drum....if its just drum, get a unit from your fav auto parts place for a `67 to 72 chevy c-10 drum/ drum, if its disc you`ll need a unit from the vette....
Sorry forgot to mention that, drums all the way around. Im gonna look for one in those years(67-72) chevy.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brake Lever

Ok guys Im in a bit of a pickle, just got off the phone with Doorman and Ecklers no luck on the front brake lever bars for both sides. Checked online and came up with this kit for rear only (s10 1982-1993)...http://www.ecklerstrucks.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=brake+lever&x=0&y=0

Not sure it will work with my year.

I'm hoping someone on here did the disc conversion and would happen to have their old drum hardware, if so could you please send me a message or reply here. I would be willing to buy them and take them off your hands. I would greatly apprecaite any help in locating some or someone selling them to me. Need them asap for my truck, currently my only means of transportation for work. Tired of bumming rides.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Mark any wrecking yards near you, any front or rear, `63 to `72 will work they were all the same but I`m not sure after `72.... you may even look at passenger cars...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brake Lever Bars Front Drums

Right on thanks, going to go hunting.
Well my owners manual don't indicate that there are any brake lever bars that go on the front of a drum setup. My buddy looked at his owners manual for a different year and verified the same. Found this diagram on the net...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=527022
Can anyone that is running drums all the way around concur.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Power Booster

Does this indicate that I have a power booster with with my drum setup? Not sure how to rotate pic after uploading forvsomebreasonbyjeyvate being turned around...sorry guys. Please let me know how to correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Lets start with #1 No there is no bar in the front brake. #2 your picture has to be rotated before you upload. #3 Yes you have power assist brakes. I usually just turn my monitor on its side anim_63 . Its really not a problem pictures are worth a thousand words. Are we having fun yet anim_25

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lets start with #1 No there is no bar in the front brake. #2 your picture has to be rotated before you upload. #3 Yes you have power assist brakes. I usually just turn my monitor on its side anim_63 . Its really not a problem pictures are worth a thousand words. Are we having fun yet anim_25
anim_63 Well hot damn that about wraps that up, lol. Thanks for the info. So my next step is to order a brake line set and purchase a dual master cylinder. Is there any certain years that I would need with the power assist brakes?
Thanks,
Brim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts