Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new door seals (for 2006-2011 Honda Civic 2 dr) and am excited to install them this weekend. I wanted to confer with the experts here to fully understand the installation before I start.

The new Honda seal comes as a full circle and has a right angle within that circle. My thought is it needs to be cut to make it a long strip instead of a circle. I'm thinking that I cut it at that right angle and install the end under the sill trim and continue to install around the door opening to the other end of the sill trim. It appears to not need adhesive because it has integral metal clips and it's just pressed on, though I may add adhesive in spots to positively anchor it.

Is my thoughts on installation correct? Any further instructions that you can think of?

Thank you in advance, I always appreciate y'all's help.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
As Charlie said just corners if it needs it...cool, post some pics when done.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Thank you guys! I'll post some afterwards.
Just so you know LMC is offering the same units, new but I`m sure they can`t beat the wrecking yard price...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The door seal installation couldn't have been any easier. The Honda seal press onto the metal edge and hold well. The gasket DOES NOT need to be cut, as the circumference of the door opening is the same as the Honda Civic. There is a right angle and this is placed/installed in the forward lower corner of the opening.

I pressed the seal onto the metal edge and afterwards squirted a bit of 3M weatherstrip adhesive into the upper corners. I paid $42 each for the seals from Honda dealer where my BIL works, I'm assuming that is wholesale pricing. I will include pictures soon.

Thanks for the help with this. My truck is so quiet inside the cab now, I love it.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Great Tejas glad it worked out for you...!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just got my new door seals (for 2006-2011 Honda Civic 2 dr) and am excited to install them this weekend...<Snipped>
Thank you in advance, I always appreciate y'all's help.
When I first read this, I thought, "Wow, I think this guy is really in the wrong forum." But after reading the other posts, it seems that this is a very suitable substitute for that time frame of vehicle.

Now I have to look into this...Tejas, if you have the ability, (or anyone else that has done it) can you post a pic of what it looks like?

I can bet that the Hollander Interchange Book NEVER had that as an option for a door seal.

Ingenuity and thinking outside the box...The only way to keep these babies running.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
When I first read this, I thought, "Wow, I think this guy is really in the wrong forum." But after reading the other posts, it seems that this is a very suitable substitute for that time frame of vehicle.

Now I have to look into this...Tejas, if you have the ability, (or anyone else that has done it) can you post a pic of what it looks like?

I can bet that the Hollander Interchange Book NEVER had that as an option for a door seal.

Ingenuity and thinking outside the box...The only way to keep these babies running.
The big reason for this change was no glue is used....someone on the 67/72 forum found it out by accident and it worked well, the other reason is that the old style but new door seals you had to install with glue, let the truck sit out in the sun to soften up the seals, after a few hours you may get your door shut and leave it for about a week to let the seals take a set. Did mine 24 years ago the passenger door is still hard to shut because of the seals...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good day and sorry for the delay in getting pictures for this. Here are a couple of pictures. The seals are still performing well and I'm happy with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts