Chevy C10 Trucks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve got a 65 c10 I’m full restoring and I had a question about that gas tank, I picked up a new tank for my pick up awhile back because mine was gone when I bought the truck. My goal for the truck is 500-600hp on the street and I was wondering will the stock gas tank cause any fulling issues and should I switch to a under the bed tank or will it be ok

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 66 C10 and I've been running the stock tank for a long time and haven't had any issues. I'm running a 350 with a little over 450hp and a Holley Sniper Stealth EFI kit and it runs very well. I did have to change the lines to 3/8" from the 5/16". That was for the EFI. Even before EFI truck ran well with a Holley 750 carb.
Most people like to go to the rear tank cause they feel uneasy about the tank being in the cab. But, that I know of, no one has been blown up for having it in the cab. Also, some do it for traction on the rear wheels or to have more room in the cab for speakers and such. Only thing I dislike about the tank in the rear is filler cap is in the bed. I use my bed to carry things often. And, I also feel it detracts from looking original when you fill the current filler hole next to the driver door. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another reason for moving the tank to the rear, under the bed is capacity. yyou can for a ‘70 mustang tank, 20 gallons in those up in there nice and easily and also have many other options, like suburban support to 25 gal.. there;s always the fuel smell that inevitably permeates the cab. So 2 main reasons, smell and greater capacity, especially with that type of consumption , you’ll be stopping every few blocks. My 2 ¢

1 - 3 of 3 Posts