Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a set of '72 disk brakes (spindles, rotors, calipers) I have read that this is all I need and that I would just have to change to the appropriate ball joints.
I have also heard that there may be some alignment issues if I don't use the '72 a-arms.......
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Mike not completely sure on the '72 equipment but I believe you will need the ball joints and if still available grab the '72 steering link complete and install on your truck, you may have to enlarge the holes to bolt it up, there is a differance in the adjusters leaves, you can buy the dual size sleaves if the steering link is not available to you...! Most everybody goes with the '73 to '87 parts as they are a little more numerous....!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Thanks Rich.... that's basically what I read ....
Mike there was something about the lower ball joint but don`t remember what it was either using the `64 to `66 or the `71 or `72 but this was only on the `71 `72 ball joints, another thing is they do make oversize balljoints if your lower a-arms are worn from loose ball joints...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there more of a direct replacement kit for the disc brakes without buying and switching out those suspension pieces? I'm trying to rebuild my dad's 61 and don't have too much money to spend on it, but I want it safe for him to drive. If so is there a website that has decent prices?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there more of a direct replacement kit for the disc brakes without buying and switching out those suspension pieces? I'm trying to rebuild my dad's 61 and don't have too much money to spend on it, but I want it safe for him to drive. If so is there a website that has decent prices?
The way I understand it is that you need to at least swap out the spindles... that way you have something to bolt the disk brakes to...... And I say "Find a junk yard or someone who has a later model truck and get the parts from there.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts