Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through some of the post but I didn't see what I was looking for. I got a 69 c10 and was wondering if anyone on here changed out components from newer trucks or if everyone just bought the disc conversion kit?? I was wondering what newer stuff bolted up to get the disc brakes.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Yeah I've been watching this one hoping they'd come by
You may want to get hold of LMC truck and get a catalog then you can compare part numbers.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Unless your going to dropped spindles, everything from `73 to `87 grab spindles rotors, calphers, master, booster, prop valve, even lines if they are in good shape, grab steering link complete ( this will save you a few bucks ) you`ll have to drill out the holes to use the later model steering link, just use a step drill, buy new `73 to `87 ball joints and install everything or you can grab the entire front crossmember complete and install as a unit, but if you do the entire crossmember route you`ll have to pull the motor or fiquire out a way to support it as the engine mounts directly to the crossmember, if your going install power steering you`ll need to buy the rez kit or CPP unit ( plate ) that mounts the box correctly in the right position up and out....hope this helps. Note you also can use suburban two wheel drive up to `91, nothing from after those years will work....! another note you will have to drill two new holes in your frame for additional bolts if you use the entire front crossmember.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine was swapped already when I bought it. Previous owner found a wrecked '72 and put the rear axle, and front disc on it to convert to front disc, and 5 bolt pattern. He also found a HD rear swaybar for the rear and added that too, so it corners very nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.