Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at disc conversion kits for my 65 C10. Seems fairly simple that a full kit with the booster and master cylinder is the way to go. Also considering drop spindle. But, none of the products I have found give any information on replacement parts. No mention of what pads, master cylinders or rotors to call out for at a local auto parts store. Most likely the ball joints would change as well. I would not want to be stuck with one vendor for that if and when something fails 10 years down the road.
I know if I get donor truck parts then there is no issue, it becomes simple. Get replacement parts for the donor truck... easy.
Can someone enlighten me on the kits? Do they send you a replacement parts list possibly?

fahne19

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
The kits sold thru CCP use `73 to `87 pads, if you buy the complete kit you need nothing to put it together except I think brake lines....now you have some decisions to make 5 lug or 6 lug, you want modular spindles or standard, drop spindles or standard.....modular spindles only move the wheel centerline out by 1/8 th of an inch, standard spindles move the wheel centerline out 3/4 of an inch, not good if your running wide tires and decide to run drop spindles as it puts the tire into the fender, six lug wheels are limited, going to five lug opens your wheel choice ten fold, you can order just the front disc brake kit with drop spindles with booster/master and proportioning valve as a kit...ask any questions you need if this confuses you more.....anim_63
http://www.classicperform.com/Chevy-Truck.htm#5

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not totally confused...

I am not sure yet if I want to stay with the 6 lug, depends on the wheel I end up selecting. Honestly think I will end up with rally wheels with beauty rings. That or good old fashioned cragar! If I change to 5 lug then I will have to change the axles as well... but I may end up with a different rear end anyway, not sure yet what is in her.
I for sure want to drop spindle, 2 1/2" sounds good.
I am unfamiliar with the offset, that is news to me... sounds like I need to do a lot more research on this matter. I really appreciate the input.. my big questions was the pads, and I just assume master cylinder would be 73-87 as well. I looked at the ccp site and find modular but don't see standard.. I assume modular is best anyway.

bowtieb

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
If your going with C10 rallies then you would need the modular spindles...does not nessarilly mean the best, just fits you situation, you could have wheels modified by say stockton wheel same lug pattern but on a 6 or 7 inch rim on a half inch offset...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts